2+GB GPU Recommendations

So, I'm in the market for upgrading my graphics card a bit. It's the only thing I have in my PC at the moment that isn't quite hardcore enough to run some of the absolute newest things or at least not run them at high visual settings. From what I gather, I need one that has at least 2GB of dedicated RAM.

I've looked around locally and online but I have no clue what is or isn't a good price for one like that or how new a card must be to have such specs. Or if any of the cards I've seen are actually good or not.

Any suggestions and tips you have would help me greatly. Cool. Thanks. Bye.  

Not sure if it would be a huge upgrade for you but the GTX 750 TI is probably the best bang for your buck 2gb GPU on the market.  

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-750Ti-Graphics-02G-P4-3753-KR/dp/B00IDG3IDO

I bought one for my new pc and it seems to play everything just fine.  I'm only encountering nearly unplayable FPS for Ghost In The Shell First Assault but then again i guess everyone is.  

1 hour ago, Garpocalypse said:

Not sure if it would be a huge upgrade for you but the GTX 750 TI is probably the best bang for your buck 2gb GPU on the market.  

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-750Ti-Graphics-02G-P4-3753-KR/dp/B00IDG3IDO

I bought one for my new pc and it seems to play everything just fine.  I'm only encountering nearly unplayable FPS for Ghost In The Shell First Assault but then again i guess everyone is.  

This is a great recommendation, Gar!

Really? I haven't been having any problems with the Ghost In The Shell Game. Speaking of, you should add me up on Steam and we can play if you want!

Just now, AngelCityOutlaw said:

This is a great recommendation, Gar!

Really? I haven't been having any problems with the Ghost In The Shell Game. Speaking of, you should add me up on Steam and we can play if you want!

I only just got the game a few days ago so I don't really know what problems the game has had or how it's supposed to be.  I guess there was a stuttering problem that they tried to fix but all i know is the game plays around 10-15 fps for me and i'm running windows 7 with 32gb of ram and the GTX 750 Ti.  It plays so bad that, metaphorically speaking,my eyes will start to bleed midway through a round.  

Hitting a consistent 60fps with other games on high though.  

1 hour ago, Garpocalypse said:

I only just got the game a few days ago so I don't really know what problems the game has had or how it's supposed to be.  I guess there was a stuttering problem that they tried to fix but all i know is the game plays around 10-15 fps for me and i'm running windows 7 with 32gb of ram and the GTX 750 Ti.  It plays so bad that, metaphorically speaking,my eyes will start to bleed midway through a round.  

Hitting a consistent 60fps with other games on high though.  

Oh man, that's weird. I got it on Windows 10 and it runs around 60 fps. Though at present, I have an AMD card. I keep hearing about games like DOOM having problems specifically with Nvidia cards lately. Wonder if it's a similar problem.

Which raises a new question. Does anyone know what an equivalent Radeon GPU to Gar's suggestion would be?

It's a bit pricier than the linked one up there, but this is likely a little more solid: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202197

4 GB of RAM will help it stay relevant for longer, too, as opposed to 2 GB.

EDIT: To clarify, I love my 750Ti, but for raw gaming horsepower bang for buck, AMD is definitely the way to go. Generally, Nvidia = better driver stability, and AMD = raw power.

On 5/10/2016 at 7:02 PM, Flexstyle said:

It's a bit pricier than the linked one up there, but this is likely a little more solid: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202197

EDIT: To clarify, I love my 750Ti, but for raw gaming horsepower bang for buck, AMD is definitely the way to go. Generally, Nvidia = better driver stability, and AMD = raw power.

I am currently leaning towards this Radeon card. Good suggestion, Flex!

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:02 PM, Flexstyle said:

I cannot agree with this in any fashion. AMD has the best price, I will agree with that, but for RAW single chip power, Nvidia has had them beat, AMD normally pulls ahead when the break out the Dual GPU card. However with the 1070 and 1080 from Nvida coming out soon supposedly doubling the performance of the Titan X, that's gonna be hard for AMD. and then there's the possible overclocks they were achieving in the demo. I Can't wait for them to do some benches with these things.

My personal suggestion is to wait a month or two. Nvidia just announced the release of the Pascal based cards and they are supposed to SCREAM. Even if your not looking at them they will bring the price down for other cards, to some extent anyway.

Info from: Google searches.

17 minutes ago, Daemos said:

My personal suggestion is to wait a month or two. Nvidia just announced the release of the Pascal based cards and they are supposed to SCREAM. Even if your not looking at them they will bring the price down for other cards, to some extent anyway.

Came here to say this.  New hardware is on the horizon -- unless you absolutely need a new card now, you're better off waiting a bit and seeing how the market gets shaken up.