*NO* Within a Deep Forest 'Cheese Industry'

Liontamer

Remixing Name: Umm... lets go with... Unicin this time (why not, sounds fun)

Email: Changing soon, possibly redundant information

ID: 38923

-------------------------

Song Link:

Game Remixed: Within A Deep Forest (http://withinadeepforest.ni2.se)

Song Remixed: Lunar Cheese Experiment (available )

Additional Info: Its a good game

Blah Blah: This came up in the request forums a while back, and so yeh, I mixed it. Its probably one of the first mixes I was happy with, but never submitted because I hadnt finalised what my musical pseudonym would be. I'l go with Unicin for the moment... I'l take it as a sign to eep it if this gets submitted or somthing *shrug* Anyway, enjoy! :D

beep beep beep. I used to have this memory game toy that made similar sounding beeps to this. It'd play a sequence of different toned beeps and you'd have to press the buttons for each tone in the same order. Very frustrating.

Anyway, the beep sound stays the same right the way through, try some variations. Your percussion is quite clearly just a placeholder, try making it more interesting. Right now it's just there for the sake of having something there, when it should be something to make the song flow.

Otherwise, the song is just sparse. There's very little going on at any given time. You have a strange warbly bass synth, as well as a pad, a synth and your beep things from the beginning. This'll need a lot more work before it's passable. I dunno what I can suggest to make it better, because there's nothing really here to comment on yet. Try working on it some more and see if something properly takes shape.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Within a Deep Forest OSV - "Moon"

Thanks for providing the source tune. Now that I've actually had a chance to look at the game, it probably doesn't qualify for the site on account of it being a seemingly obscure freeware release, but I'll certainly let it slide.

The source tune here was pretty damn catchy. Too bad the arrangement at the beginning was so similar to the original due to the writing for the lead. Not really any point keeping it near-verbatim like that, but you did do a decent job of personalizing your arrangement approach to have a different feel than the original.

Beyond that, I agreed with TO that the percussion was essentially on auto-pilot, and that the track needed fleshing out, as it was pretty sparse. Clearly, more can be done with it.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting. I definitely think that this mix does the source justice, however for me there would need to be a couple changes for it to be a yes.

As has already been said, the intro arrangement is too similar to source, and the lead used in the intro didn't sound too good to my ears. Bass sounds good, but could have used more movement later on once the song got going to add more to the rhythmic nature of the drums, which I thought were excellently done, although they do need more variation due to the sparse nature of the mix. I also think that this could have a breakdown, a bridge, or some sort of original chord progression that could give a break from the original.

Basically this needs more, but I would definitely like to see a resub of this.

NO (Plz Resubmit)