Lufia Sinistral

avaris

Wats up dudes this is a WIP for the CtC project. Pi is wanting us to post our early WIPS here. Although mine is pretty far along. It mainly covers the Sinistral Castle Theme along with parts from the Boss Battle theme from Lufia1. I did the song in the style of music from Guilty Gear.

http://swallace21.googlepages.com/sinistral4.mp3

Thanks to Arek the Absolute (bastard...) for mentioning the sinistral battle song from Lufia2 I might add parts from that source to this mix or do an entirely new mix using that source tune. All kidding aside I can't believe no one has remixed this song yet. Arek def has a good point.

The sinistral battle song from Lufia2 you can find here: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/LufiaII-SinistralBattle.mid

Got any bright ideas, comments good/bad parts let me know:

I am gonna sit on this for a few weeks to gain some fresh ears, these are the things I know I need to work on. Any comments or help on these would be appreciated:

1. Drums in the later part of the mix are gonna be crazier and faster.

2. The damn rythm guitar keeps on getting drowned out.

3. Need to fine tune the EQ'ing and panning of all the instruments. Any specific advice on this would be much appreciated.

4. Any specific advice on production or all those little things/variations in rock songs that I could implement in places.

Oops forgot to mention BEWARE OF INTRO GUITAR, it will hurt ur ears so if ur on headphones turn the volume down. Thanks chickenwarlord.

Well at first I really grinded my teeth upon hearing the guitar. Even though the patch used is relatively decent, bringing the guitar out as prominently as this really reveals it's synthetic nature (besides hurting the ears of course :D). The worst part are the few tremolo notes at 0:19 which sound extremely unrealistic and machine-gun-like.

Luckily the guitar is a bit more subdued when the main part starts, so it doesn't draw too much attention. The synthy patches sound relatively decent, and the arrangement seems good enough, though you probably need some kind of sense of development, a change of rhythm would be extremely welcome.

Well, I hope my suggestions are of any help, and maybe I could even record the guitar part if you're having trouble making it sound realistic enough. :D

Tensei I wouldn't mind taking you up on the offer for the guitar. But can you really play that fast? The tempo is 140 and u would ripping 16th notes all over the place. The reason I haven't asked anyone is bc I don't know if anyone here could hit that range of notes that fast.

If you were interested, I wouldn't need the guitar until I have finalized the arrangement.

In the meantime I'll keep messing around trying to get it too sound more realistic. I think I've overprocessed the guitar samples, along with everything else in this song.

The rythm's are varied, I'll try to give the song some more defined slow down periods.

Tensei I wouldn't mind taking you up on the offer for the guitar. But can you really play that fast? The tempo is 140 and u would ripping 16th notes all over the place. The reason I haven't asked anyone is bc I don't know if anyone here could hit that range of notes that fast.

If you were interested, I wouldn't need the guitar until I have finalized the arrangement.

In the meantime I'll keep messing around trying to get it too sound more realistic. I think I've overprocessed the guitar samples, along with everything else in this song.

The rythm's are varied, I'll try to give the song some more defined slow down periods.

Well as far as I can hear, the hardest part is the scale run at 0:25, which I'm confident in being able to play, and the other fast parts you're referring to are mostly repeated patterns, so I think I am up to the challenge. :D

If you could send me the midi or upload it somewhere I'd be grateful ^^