PRC343 - I Don't Understand What's Going On Here (Jet Set Radio)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 343
PRCv14-03

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Welcome to another PRC Round. Two rounds ago, GCJ claimed victory by making the most popular remix of Secret of Mana - The Legend. He selected the source for this round.

On 17-2-2017 at 3:23 AM, GCJ said:

Okay so the song I chose is a bit of a weird one. It's Sneakman from Jet Set Radio, since I've been playing a lot of that recently.

Since Jet Set Radio's music relies heavily on samples, I decided to add a link to the samples used as well as the MIDI.

Page of the guy who originally found the samples: http://monado-speed.tumblr.com/post/91083207619/hideki-naganuma-what-a-man-once-one-of-segas

Drive folder of the original track, MIDI, samples, and information on each sample: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6AGn7vXBP2JVF8yZFE5Nmd2WXM

If the samples are too much to deal with, I can find another song too I guess.

Source: Jet Set Radio – Sneakman (SEGA)

MIDI

MP3

Additional Samples

Source Information

Page of the Guy Who Found Samples

Note: this song already has an Ocremix, it was in 2004 when HappyBivouac did a remix. He used 'Let Mom Sleep' and this source in the song. Check the link: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01146

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

To submit a song at the compo page you can use the ThaSauce page. If you use this, an account is required. If you don't want to use ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in this thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce. I will keep using ThaSauce as the place where all songs are located.

If you want to use ThaSauce, the following steps should be done.

• Click the ThaSauce Link.
  • Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  • Click on 'register' (at the bottom).
  • Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  • Continue the process by filling in your information.
  • You will get a question to confirm that you're not a robot. Here are some possible answers:
  1. Name a compo: PRC
  2. Who organizes One Hour Compo: Starla
  3. Name a ThaSauce subdomain: compo.thasauce.net
  4. Who created Mega Mans: Capcom

A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.

Once registered, login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.

After uploading your song, please check if your song plays and can be downloaded and played without problems. Only upload MP3 files.

PRC instructions

• The deadline is Friday March 10th 2017 at 10:59 pm ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread (two additional days).
  • You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.
  • Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  • Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.
  • The winner of this round may select the source for PRC345.
  • The winner of PRC341, GCJ, can only participate by submitting a Bonus Mix. His vote is doubled in the voting stage.
  • You can find the full rules list at this page as well. I edited this page with the new schedule and rules.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

• 2 weeks later...

One regular song and one bonus mix. This means we have a winner.

The winner is Dewey Newt

Dewey Newt, congratulations. You may select a source for PRC345. Send the source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Send your source as fast as you can, but before next Friday (17 March), 10:59 AM ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT).

You may select any source for any game, but not a source with an OverClocked remix or a source which has been used in PRC before. An overview of the past PRC's can be found in the following links:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Check the ThaSauce Page for the results and votes. There are some days left to vote and leave comments.

The next round starts in a couple of minutes.

• 3 weeks later...