-Your email address

david_849@hotmail.com

-Your website

http://www.blackspiremedia.net/davirus/

-Your userid (number, not name) on our forums

???

- - - - - - - - - -

About the remix

Well, its a old remix (I did it around March). I really liked, its one of my own favorites songs.

I did it one day I was playing SNES F-Zero xD

This song have a some personal emotions.

The song was made in 5 days with FL5 with external Plugins.

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=fz - "Mute City" (fz-09.spc)

Opened up with some pretty basic synths and effects. Everything was pretty muddy, but at least the genre adaptation, while basic, seemed OK to start off.

Better groove arrived at 1:12; the drums from beforehand were pretty weak. The source melody still sounded like murk and mud. Switched over to some e-piano at 1:56 that sounded nice until the beats and low synths crowded the melody out from 2:10-2:39. There were a few instances of the piano and dance instrumentation clashing. Not too much more to say about the arrangement.

Overall, it's a pretty basic genre adaptation with some decent production on normally lackluster sounds. The repetitive beatwork certainly dragged over time. Too swampy also, but nothing that couldn't be refined. The arrangement really needs to go in other/new directions, though. It's conservative with little done to personalize the track other than the genre change, and even the genre change is only debateably pulled off.

NO

• 1 month later...

This is about 6db too low in terms of volume, could have been slightly louder. The production sounded quite tight, although the instrumentation itself could have sounded a little more defined. I do agree with what has already been said, particluarly with regards to the level of arragement. Not bad, but needs some more work. To reiterate what Liontamer said, put some more variation into the track to add more interest, because with a more interesting arragement I probably would have given this a yes.

NO (please resub)