*NO* Streets of Rage 'Good Ending'

Liontamer

Er, ok. This had lots and lots of bass, which is great. However, there was NO melody! At 0.37 I was expecting some jazz guitar to come in and give out the orgasmic melody, but all I got was anti-climax. There were a couple of guitar licks here and there for extra tease, but that's it. Then it just kinda hung on one note before the seashore ending. I know I didn't pay for this, but I feel ripped off. Where is that real streets of rage feel?

This needs to:

1. Have a jazz guitar melody

2. Be of longer length,

3. etc.

So much could have been done with this. Come back later.

NO

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=53 - "Good Ending"

Well, the submission having the same title as the source tune is usually a good sign that it won't pass. I mean, how creative could the arrangement be?

Pretty much sounds like a MIDI rip with deeper bass, nice strings on melody and some other minor embellishments. If the original were made with higher quality sounds, it would be similar to this. Brief guitar at 1:31 was good, but there for all of 3 seconds.

Not gonna NO Override, but you gotta familiarize yourself with the submissions guidelines. This is not interpretive or substantially personalized. We don't want a pure cover, Harold. Do something more creative with the theme that adds more interpretation and unique ideas into the picture.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely snoody hotel-lobby/elevator music if i ever heard it.

Man, my prime meridian-biased comrade is justified in his request for some smooth jazz geetar. Would have been dice for the track for sure. Definitely lacking in terms of creativity here. Smooth vibe, but it's nearly verbatim of the source. Sorry man. Chalk it up to learning, and come back for another shot down the road.

What's with the watery ending?

NO