Ridiculously Garrett

1. work-in-progress Sonic Advance 3 Staff Roll - Jazz Quartet ReMix

5 posts in this topic

I have this arrangement of what I think is a rather obscure Sonic theme. I used to play Sonic Advance 3 a ton, and this song is engrained into my childhood. And instead of the traditional R&B type style that it's originally in, it works really well with jazz. 

Source:

ReMix v. 1.0:

Sonic Advance 3 Staff Roll Jazz ReMix

This reworked version sounds much better and a whole less... what the heck is going on.

Update 2.0:

New Staff Roll

I'm a huge Sonic fan but I've never played any of the Advance series so I'm not familiar with the music. I'm always down for some jazz though. The timing didn't bother me at all actually. This is pretty smooth. I think you have room for a lot of improvisation and different instruments if you want. As it is right now, the track is pretty open and much of it sounds more like accompaniment. Since you're still working on it, you can always flesh it out. I honestly didn't even know what a melodica was until I looked it up. I definitely want to hear what that would sound like if you decide to update this thread later on or something. Good start.

Yeah that whole open section I'm gonna get into the studio and record some melodica. I might go back in and flesh out the piano part a little bit. Some parts I'm happy with, but others not so much. Thanks for the feedback. :-D

EDIT: I'll probably add some tritone stuff and some passing chords as well, especially during the chorus.

I got around to working on some older stuff since I recently acquired the full version of Kontakt, which means I finally get to use Django. I added guitar to this track and updated it a bunch. It's a completely different mix now.