Madoka Magica cover - "Make a Wish"

I covered "Sis Puella Magica!" from the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica for An Overclocked Christmas Vol. XI. I recently made some tweaks, and along with a video my husband put together - which shows scenes from the anime - I uploaded the (hopefully) final version to YouTube. 

I arranged it in a folk style not unlike the original. So, I sang the vocals and played the harp, hammered dulcimer, Irish bouzouki, and recorder. I had fun arranging this song and I think the video is very fitting, so I thought I would share this improved version. Enjoy.:)

1 hour ago, Foxarocious said:

You had me at "Madoka".

I love this. Thank you very much.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it. :D

6 minutes ago, Arrow said:

Wow, this is incredible!

Your husband did a great job with the video too, but I had to just listen to it with the video in another tab. Couldn't really watch much of it... I can't handle clips from this show right now, lol

Thanks a lot! I think he did a great job too. :) And ahh, I can totally understand that, though - it's kind of a heavy show. I couldn't stop thinking about it after I finished the series for the first time. Sorry about the unintended effect! Whoops, I hope we didn't make it too sad for everybody... ^_^;

Watched this with Lauren.

Her thoughts: The instrument choices pair well with the sentiment.  Almost like a music box kind of way.  They also complimented the voice well.  The style of singing had a lot of movement without being complicated. 

My thoughts: This reminds me of an album I used to listen to when I was very little (I don't remember who it was or what it was, but I remember listening to it).  I am very unfamiliar with the anime (I just don't watch much anime), but it seemed to go very nicely with the video.  Overall, the style of playing matches the style of singing quite well.

17 minutes ago, JohnStacy said:

Watched this with Lauren.

Her thoughts: The instrument choices pair well with the sentiment.  Almost like a music box kind of way.  They also complimented the voice well.  The style of singing had a lot of movement without being complicated. 

My thoughts: This reminds me of an album I used to listen to when I was very little (I don't remember who it was or what it was, but I remember listening to it).  I am very unfamiliar with the anime (I just don't watch much anime), but it seemed to go very nicely with the video.  Overall, the style of playing matches the style of singing quite well.

Yeah, it was definitely fun to sing because the melody has a lot of movement in an otherwise mellow song. Thank you both for taking the time to listen and provide feedback! :)