Original silent movie style score to Ocarina of Time Speed Run

Here's a thing I've been working on lately.

The music is completely original composition. You could call this a silent film score project. Ensemble is expanded big band (as I call it "Bigger Band") - 5 saxes, 4 trumpets, 4 horns, 4 trombones, tuba, guitar, piano, bass, drums. The audio is exported from Sibelius through the Noteperformer soundset.

The video is the world record speed run of the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Depending on the timing rules chosen, the time of the run is between 15 and 18 minutes. The video of the run on speeddemosarchive.com is about 30 minutes long. I truncated some of the content from the beginning and end, notably the system booting up and title screen/menu, and the credits. The middle of the run has a game reset, but I left that in because it was part of the run.

Currently, I have about 15 minutes of the run done, out of the 23 minutes of video. I'm going to keep working on this, but am proud of the progress so far.

Piece: How to Save the World in 20 Minutes or Less
Composer: JohnStacy

Youtube link to video

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good news! I learned how to embed. The piece is largely more complete than it was.  At this point it is much more full in textures and feels a lot less like a bunch of individual segments.
Things to do:
Finalize the thematic ideas
Do more with video sync (making sounds represent actions on screen).
Making things more consistent throughout, articulations mainly.
Clean up the notation and check for practicality (it is playable as it is, but are there places that could be simplified for the same effect).
Write a piano and guitar part of some significance that contributes to the piece as a whole.

• 1 month later...