[Golden Sun] Madra Catacombs

Adnarel

With how "slow" the opening is and how thematically different it is from the drop, I almost wish the two were a little more directly integrated, because while they're both interesting, it does feel a bit jarring to not only have it flip on its head halfway through, but to not include the original synth bell-esque segment of the first part in the second one.

Again, regarding the speed, getting to hear the melody with the string pad kick in is nice, but with how relatively short the track is, it almost feels like it takes a bit too long getting there. It's a neat take on the source track, though - it's not really something I'd expect to be done with it tonally.

Is the clavinet bass thing in the second part using an arp at all for the melody, or is it completely custom?

• 6 months later...

What a nice remix! I liked the different combinations of instruments that you used for the 2 different parts. I thought the entire track would be calm, but then comes the '80s part, what a change of mood :)

In the drop, the main lead sounds very dry. A bit of reverb would be nice (just a bit, don't overdo it xD)