Sonic 1 - Molten Madness (Marble Zone DnB Remix)

FUSION42

I'm potentially going to be working on a small (5 tracks or so) project of DnB remixes.  The whole project is going to be "liquid" themed loosely, so if anyone has an idea for a track that would work in this style that is Liquid themed I'm open to suggestions.  Could be anything, for example one of the remixes I'm working on is a location theme that has a big lake.  This one is related to the lava in Marble zone.  I'm by no means heavily into DnB, especially note DnB production, but I do specifically enjoy Liquid DnB and the more melodic side and feel that it fits my general "chill" stylings.  So this is my motivation to learn a little and improve my technique, for myself more than anything. 

Anyway this is the first track, would love any feedback.  Remix of Marble Zone zone from Sonic 1, and I think it came out pretty nice!  I could see myself submitting this to OCR too eventually, who knows.  

Edited by FUSION42

Well, if we're running on a liquid theme, this is a pretty smooth piece. I found your use of sfx pretty congruent with the track as a whole, though the spin dash is a bit shrill inherently. You could consider toning it down to match the normal note range, or maybe lowering its volume. Or maybe leaving it as is.That said, I enjoyed this one. Keep at it!

If you're still looking for ideas to continue a liquid theme, I humbly offer these: Red Soil Brinstar (Super Metroid), Sunken Frigate (Metroid Prime), Torvus Bog (Metroid Prime 2), the Ocean Palace (Chrono Trigger), and every water themed temple/dungeon from The Legend of Zelda ever. 

17 hours ago, Souperion said:

Well, if we're running on a liquid theme, this is a pretty smooth piece. I found your use of sfx pretty congruent with the track as a whole, though the spin dash is a bit shrill inherently. You could consider toning it down to match the normal note range, or maybe lowering its volume. Or maybe leaving it as is.That said, I enjoyed this one. Keep at it!

If you're still looking for ideas to continue a liquid theme, I humbly offer these: Red Soil Brinstar (Super Metroid), Sunken Frigate (Metroid Prime), Torvus Bog (Metroid Prime 2), the Ocean Palace (Chrono Trigger), and every water themed temple/dungeon from The Legend of Zelda ever. 

That's funny.  On my short list I literally have "Zelda - pick a water dungeon theme"

I hadn't even thought of Chrono Trigger!  I may just do the Ocean Palace.  Thanks for this reccomendation!  Right now I'm working on one from Xenoblade Chronicles X.... super excited about it.  Hopefully will wrap it up this week. 

Also about the spin dash, I think you're right.  It is just a little too shrill.  But I don't feel like it's so bad that I will go back and change it.  Kinda adds a punch to the transition I think.  

Thanks for the feedback!