Non VGM projects?

Ka0sph3re

I have a few non-vgm endeavors. 

I am currently working on a master's degree in music composition, and planning to continue in a DMA in music composition. As a result I'm doing a lot of composition and arranging of many different non-VGM things. Sadly I don't have that many recordings, especially of things done during the master's degree (I have recordings of undergrad things). The university I go to has absolutely horrible sound recording capabilities and most of the recordings of my pieces are borderline unusable. The performance quality is also iffy for some of them. 

BUT thanks to the magic of remote session musicians and modern recording technology, I am starting to get recordings this way. If you ever see anything released by the February 33 Jazz Orchestra, note that although it sounds like a hoppin 28 person jazz band, it really is only 6-10 guys that record everything themselves in about 6-10 locations from around the world and mixed.

On 3/24/2019 at 4:25 AM, JohnStacy said:

I have a few non-vgm endeavors. 

I am currently working on a master's degree in music composition, and planning to continue in a DMA in music composition. As a result I'm doing a lot of composition and arranging of many different non-VGM things. Sadly I don't have that many recordings, especially of things done during the master's degree (I have recordings of undergrad things). The university I go to has absolutely horrible sound recording capabilities and most of the recordings of my pieces are borderline unusable. The performance quality is also iffy for some of them. 

BUT thanks to the magic of remote session musicians and modern recording technology, I am starting to get recordings this way. If you ever see anything released by the February 33 Jazz Orchestra, note that although it sounds like a hoppin 28 person jazz band, it really is only 6-10 guys that record everything themselves in about 6-10 locations from around the world and mixed.

That's pretty cool about the composition studying. Shame about the lack of recording but I guess that's not the focus with your degree. I did a bachelor's degree in Creative Music Technology so of course the we had good equipment but most composition and arrangement was left mainly to us with little schooling. Different focus.

22 minutes ago, JohnStacy said:

Actually my focus for my master's is recording. The issue is that I'm isolated from campus, so all original composition recording basically falls on me, and I haven't been able to record the stuff yet.
BUT

I am releasing an original album in the next few months.

Ah I see, well that's cool to hear.

Link it up here when you're done.