*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Aeris Is Dead and Loving It'

Liontamer

Hello Ocremix!

Giles Hellier here, with a thing or two to say about your website - what a site!!! I've been browsing your page for fucking years now, and I promise I'm not just kissing arse here, I really love the remixing idea of computer game music.

So I decided I'd *try* and get in on it myself. Now I've done a lot with technical music, check out my music profile at www.myspace.com/factorydoctor for more, but here is where I want to go, because I want to remix so many tracks from so many games. (and really rock them up ;))

As a mixer, my name is Dr Zit.

I swear I'm stupid or something, I've been trying to set up an account of your site for hours now... for some reason I can't work out how to do it. I sume it's my own foolish nature.

Anywho - The track, the track is so god damn cliche I'm sure your sick of this. it is ANOTHER FF7 remix. but I wanted to seperate myself. have you ever noticed whenever the Aeris theme is jived around in any shape or form people ALWAYS try to make it as sad and depressing as they can? well I sped it up, and chopped stuff about and gave it a more uplifting feel to it, a very powerful retro electronic track that, even if it doesn't qualify for your website and even if it does, let me know if you like it, and I'll cook up another and see if that comes any closer to qualyfying.

- Either way I'll be back ;)

The track is entitled "Aeris Is Dead And Loving It" take that how you want.

Take care!- Giles.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 319 "Aeris' Theme"

I thought TO's POV was a bit dismissive. Sure the track's rough, but the concepts are alright. Decent intro joined at :07 by some distortion 'n beats. The arrangement needs to be more interpretive, as the melody's basically used verbatim whenever it's in play. Get more interpretive with the theme beyond the genre adaptation you're doing by using these sounds.

Faux-guitar almost never sounds good in these arrangements, but it wasn't too bad in here, though the sequencing was pretty mechanical. Not sure what was up with 1:05's section playing the melody so strangely, but it became recognizable at 1:17. Went back to the faux-guitar at 1:25 for the last section. Ending at 2:08 was pretty "I give up"-ish. Make a real one. :-)

The textures were fairly simplistic and needed to be fuller, and the arrangement was limited due to the length. Sounds like a decent concept that doesn't have the polish or development needed to hang here.

NO