New Chrono Trigger/Cross Orchestral Album from Square

TSori

I'm surprised there hasn't been any mention of this yet, but it seems square is releasing a a new album of orchestral arrangements from Chrono trigger and Cross

Here is a trailer

A google search for "Chrono Orchestra" led me to an Amazon Japan page for it as well.

You know...I've heard dozens of arrangements of Corridors of Time...and yet a new one can still give me chills :-)

Edited by TSori

時を渡る翼 The title means "Wings that Transcend Time." Nice.Yeah, obviously Corridors of Time will sound epic. What are they going to use to replicate that bell-ish sound that starts the song? I would love if they actually tried to emulate the original song's instruments because they sounded so unique.

Thanks for the title translation!

That's a good question.  Now I'm really curious what they'll use for that sound too.     Maybe they will start with the original instrumentation and move into the more, "full orchestra" sound in the trailer.  I think having brass playing the melody in that clip was an unexpected choice but I like the result a lot. 

Looks like Amazon will be importing it and making it available.

The box set from the Amazon JP page: https://www.amazon.com/Chrono-Orchestral-Arrangement-Box-Limited/dp/B07T2H6SXD/

What appears to be just the soundtrack, without whatever else is meant to be in the "box" edition: https://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Orchestral-Arrangement-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B07T2H6SXF/

Releases 13 Sept.

Edited by dorgrin
Hyperlinked the links

• 2 weeks later...