Trapopolis Zone - Sonic 3 & Knuckles Album [All Welcome to Jump In]

Seth Skoda

The main theme here is that Robotnik is now a gangsta. The entire setting of the game is now much like the hood. Robotnik has amassed a battery of automatic weapons, explosives and ammunition. He's about to rain down a living Hell on the inhabitants of Angel Island and abroad. The music should reflect this alternate story.

Okay, so... I necroed this ancient thread. Making a huge edit right now. I'm going to say that I'd like to stick to the modern hip-hop/"trap" sound for this album, though I'm not against some R&B or oldschool breaks. Anything goes as far as lyrics, as long as it (at least kinda) sticks to the theme stated above. As far as arrangement standards, I would like to say that I'm not necessarily looking for OC ReMix standards on every track, but I would like this to become an official album on the site (there can never be too many Sonic remix albums), if possible.

That's pretty much it. See my necroing reply below for the first progress in years.

Edited by Seth Skoda
Added another paragraph to bring in more people

Man...this white background and that wall of text (that is small for an old fart like me) is making it very hard for me to focus.  ....Right imma go copy and paste that into a word doc. 

Might I suggest that you color-code certain parts to emphasize the most pertinent points?  Maybe rely on bullet points etc.  Or maybe I'm just retarded.  Anyways.....

(edit)

No seriously, go do as I suggested.  Might garner an extra look-see or two that way.  Heard tell that they were gonna do a dark-theme for the forums.  But it's not here yet. 

Edited by HoboKa

11 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Man...this white background and that wall of text (that is small for an old fart like me) is making it very hard for me to focus.  ....Right imma go copy and paste that into a word doc. 

Might I suggest that you color-code certain parts to emphasize the most pertinent points?  Maybe rely on bullet points etc.  Or maybe I'm just retarded.  Anyways.....

I see someone is getting used to the dark side (Newgrounds) 

By the way, try viewing on mobile. Much easier on the eyes imo

EDIT: What? A dark theme on OCR? Blasphemy! 

Edited by Seth Skoda

• 3 months later...

I know you've already told me about this, but this is a dope concept I'm all for. 

I definitely think having some tracks with rap vocals would be good for it and help the project stand out in a good way. 
For an example of what I was thinking, I ended up vibing with sand trap so much I wrote and recorded this a couple days ago. 

(If you don't want to download, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TW78-pyXlHGsJaeQkumCF_aUOv_yI-se/view?usp=sharing)

Sand Trap Beta.wav

Edited by Cole Train

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...