Looking for opinions- Miroslav Orchestral ReFill

Saio

I mainly use Reason for my songwriting and as I've steered towards a more orchestral/electronica hybrid form of music I'm in the market for some high quality samples. I've been scouring the internet during this here time of giving (in which I can convince someone with more money than I that buying me a gift is a good idea :D) and bumped into something that looks nice.

I stumbled across the Miroslav Refill Gold Bundle (link: here) from Sonic Reality and was wondering if anyone had experience with these samples and could vouch for their quality. There are song samples on the site, of course, but there's no telling exactly how accurate a representation they are. Also, if anyone has had experience with that particular retailer (Esoundz), feedback is welcome in that area as well.

Alternatively- if anyone would rather suggest another high-quality, extensive library of orchestral samples in the same price range as the Miroslav I'm open to suggestions there as well. :)

Thanks in advance-

Saio

Heh, you know I beta tested that? :) Well, the solo strings anyway.

It's a cool product. Miroslav isn't the most cutting-edge sample library around, but it's very musical and usable. The sounds fit in a mix well, and the combinator patches that the refills come with are intelligently programmed to give you easy access to shape the sound. As a Reason user, I would say it is your best bet for an orchestral library, and it's not too expensive either.

eSoundz is a reputable dealer. They also have a great customer support program... the more you buy, and the more products you own, the better deals you get.

• 1 month later...
?_? It's the same samples in both. Plus if he's a Reason user, he doesn't have the ability to use the VSTi.

True they are the same samples. However the propellerhead refill format heavily compresses the original samples causing a noticable loss in audio quality. At the music store i purchased it at, the software tech was kind enough to demo them both for me, he ran them on a dual core PC in Cubase on a M-Audio Delta 1010LT with maudio BX5 monitor's. the VSTi was much more crisp and clean sounding. anywho this is just my two cents. but you also make a very good point, if he is only useing reason then i would go for the miroslav refill if i were in his shoes, its better quality then the orkester refill.