Verizon LG phone and music

RedSand

I just recently got one of the new LG phones from Verizon (I think it's the VX8300, whatever the new one is). I downloaded a couple songs using Vcast and was wondering if there was a way to get them, along with some pictures and movies I took, from my phone onto my computer? I bought a USB cable for the phone that came with what must be a list of about 20 - 30 different drivers to install. I've installed them but still can't seem to get the phone and computer to communicate. No extra drive comes on MyComputer for the phone, and the phone shows no indication that it's hooked up to the computer (like maybe a camera would). How can I get these two things to transfer data between each other? Also, what is the file format for the songs downloaded with Vcast? If they aren't mp3's, can the phone still play mp3's if I can find a way to get them from my computer onto the phone? Thanks for the help.