Sky Shark (NES) - Tim Follin

xellos585

Given the popularity of Tim Follin's OSTs for remixing here, I'm really surprised that Sky Shark hasn't been looked at before. It's got some great source material for a heavy metal mix or some EDM. Given the creativity here, though, I think that it could be taken anywhere.

Sky Shark was one of the first NES games my brother and I remember playing, diving a P-40 Warhawk against innumerable foes proved to be quite the challenge to us for years. The soundtrack always stuck even into college - on , I still listen to it! Even if nobody mixes it, I'd highly encourage just giving it a listen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8zoBmDPxA

Sky-Shark-3.png?resize=640,375&ssl=1

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2020 at 11:07 PM, xellos585 said:

Given the popularity of Tim Follin's OSTs for remixing here, I'm really surprised that Sky Shark hasn't been looked at before. It's got some great source material for a heavy metal mix or some EDM. Given the creativity here, though, I think that it could be taken anywhere.

Sky Shark was one of the first NES games my brother and I remember playing, diving a P-40 Warhawk against innumerable foes proved to be quite the challenge to us for years. The soundtrack always stuck even into college - on , I still listen to it! Even if nobody mixes it, I'd highly encourage just giving it a listen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8zoBmDPxA run 3

Sky-Shark-3.png?resize=640,375&ssl=1

Tim Follin made the NES sound so good

Edited by ralphlopez

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK.  Sorry about the abomination troll mix that I had for PRC.  If you haven't heard it... Don't.  It was intentional trash.

Here is something that I put 3-4 hours of effort into.  Lol.  Hope you dig it.  I'll see if I can convince TheVideoGamer to get his rendition in as well, since he said he had something cooking too (update: He declined, sadly.  Oh well, you still got my take here, such that it is).  Any feedbacks?

Edited by HoboKa