Castlevania 2 (GameBoy) Intro epic choir

brynolf11

This is a sketch I made a couple of years ago but seemingly never posted here for some reason. Is it anything I should consider finishing? Thoughts/critique/suggestions welcome!

Note that this is the intro from Belmont's revenge for the Gameboy, not Simon's quest for the NES.

Original:

• 2 weeks later...

Do love me some choir work. This is pretty cool, gotta say. I'm getting a kinda odd sensation from the altos during the first half of the song, an EQ issue I think. I wish I knew more about equalizing to help you here, but it disappears for the last quarter of the piece. Still, this is neat, good work.

15 hours ago, Souperion said:

Do love me some choir work. This is pretty cool, gotta say. I'm getting a kinda odd sensation from the altos during the first half of the song, an EQ issue I think. I wish I knew more about equalizing to help you here, but it disappears for the last quarter of the piece. Still, this is neat, good work.

Thanks! Hm, I wonder what EQ stuff you might be talking about. The choir changes from "mmm" to "aaa" about halfway through. Could it be that the "mmm" sounds a bit more dull and muffled in contrast?

14 hours ago, Ordonis said:

Wow. Very impressive. The transition into the addition of the orchestra gave me goosebumps. I feel like I lose the cellos around 2:04 to that kinda saw wave sound (possibly trumpets?) but they come back by the end. Super great job, I'd absolutely finish it.

Thanks! Yeah, the french horns come in and blast the cellos away a bit. Not sure anything should or could be done about that.