Really, really stoked on my latest track.

jane

Heyas. So I've been putting this one together for a while now, and the whole quarantine sitch pushed me to finally finish it up. I'm so stoked on it! Yea self-isolation! Benign like a bomb.

Compositionally, this is an interesting one for me. I don't often stretch technically a lot with this kind of stuff, but I don't know, this felt like it called for a little more oomph and chutzpah than usual. The outro, especially, ended up with a real Meshuggah flavour through it (and with some polyrhythms on top, just to be a complete ass). Incidentally I don't ever want to have to perform the drums for that section it drove me absolutely insane how do those guys do that every night w o w .

Anyways, please do enjoy and commentary is totally welcome x

Edited by jane

• 1 month later...

Wow. This piece really demands a listener's attention, or maybe I was just close to a stupor when I clicked on it. It pulses, it blasts at times, this opus is alive. Could fit a lot of sci-fi action scenes. I might have to go play Mass Effect with this playing. Nice work, thanks for sharing this one!

20 hours ago, Souperion said:

Wow. This piece really demands a listener's attention, or maybe I was just close to a stupor when I clicked on it. It pulses, it blasts at times, this opus is alive. Could fit a lot of sci-fi action scenes. I might have to go play Mass Effect with this playing. Nice work, thanks for sharing this one!

Thank you for checking it out! So rad. Also, love the Mass Effect pickup - am a huge fan of Jack Wall's work on the first and second games. He messaged me back once. I cried. That's it.