OC ReMix presents Jet Force Gemini: Mizar Attacks!

Liontamer

cover.png

OC ReMix presents Jet Force Gemini: Mizar Attacks!

June 22, 2021

FAIRFAX, VA... OverClocked ReMix today released its 76th free community arrangement album, Jet Force Gemini: Mizar Attacks! Featuring 18 tracks from a dozen musicians, Mizar Attacks! pays tribute to Rare's Nintendo 64 space adventure shooter Jet Force Gemini, and is directed by Darkflamewolf. The album is available for free download at https://mizar.ocremix.org.

Mizar Attacks! involves a worldwide lineup of musicians creating more than 80 minutes of interpretive arrangements in a bevy of styles including rock, funk, orchestral, EDM, chiptune, cinematic, house, metal, and more, inspired by the music of Robin Beanland, Alistair Lindsay, and Graeme Norgate. Mizar Attacks! was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Rare or Microsoft; all images, characters, and original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

"I remember getting hyped for this game way back when it was first introduced in Nintendo Power. I was already a Rare fanboy due to my love of Donkey Kong Country and this was just yet another great endeavor in their growing roster of masterpieces," recalled album director Darkflamewolf. "Popping that cart into my Nintendo 64 that first time and seeing the Rare logo with that ominous jingle followed by bombastic title screen music, I knew I was in for a good ride. And that's exactly what we hope to deliver to you with this album, a good ride from start to finish!"

The album's artwork was designed by Brazilian artist Rodrigo "Inert-Ren" Martins and features Jet Force Gemini's lead characters, Gemini Squadron members Juno, Vela, and Lupus.

"I thankfully secured some insane talent who were all more than willing to give this underrated gem a shot and the album we've created, I'm sure you'll come to agree, is one freaking fantastic collection of songs that'll knock your socks off!," Darkflamewolf assures game music listeners. "So sit back, grab your rocket launcher and enjoy blasting some Ant guts across the walls with this album, Mizar Attacks!"

Mizar Attacks! is OC ReMix's second collaborative community album directed by Darkflamewolf, following 2018's Arcadia Legends, which arranged the soundtrack of Sega's Dreamcast classic Skies of Arcadia. It's also OCR's first album project heavily geared towards music by BAFTA-award winning composer Robin Beanland, who himself has also performed on two previous OC ReMix albums, Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business and Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble!

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans. OC ReMix operates under the umbrella and sponsorship of Game Music Initiative, Inc, a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization (EIN: 81-4140676).

###

16 hours ago, WorkNoFun said:

Weird, all of sudden I'm getting flash backs to when me and my buddy Chris skipped class to play N64. Thanks for this release and those fun memories.

Just wanted to say...

I love that you use the classic gamepro rating face for your profile pic.

Congrats on the album release. Some great stuff here.