Mario Kart 64 - Rear Mirror Flashback

MartinH

https://youtu.be/r7gipPg4R9c

This is my proper thanks to you all, my listeners, my fans, my fellow remixers and the rest of you who somehow have supported me to this very day when the YouTube subscriptions passed 2000. I chose this song since it already has much nostalgia and melancholy of a passed time in it, filled with memories and emotions brought forth by its harmonies and atmopsphere. Perhaps the reason for some of you is because you managed to complete Mario Kart 64 and got this wonderful music as a reward while watching the camera fly through tunnels and caves, over fields and hills, over railways and roads. 

I get very nostalgic to this music, though I didn't hear this song that many times, it manage to drag some long gone memories from deep inside, making me really emotional. I hope you feel the same!

I wanted to keep relatively close to the original, only spicing it up a bit. It goes for two rounds with a bonus section at each end (which I think you will recognize from the Rainbow Road theme in Mario Kart 64) , and a middle section that kind of takes you down to a lower frequency adding more chords to get some exta feel.

The intro is very inspired by the typical 80s music and modern retrowave music, slowly building up with soft pads, topped by a high tuned pluck, and then accompanied by a gentle bass before the main sections kick in. 

I just came to think of that I've only used Mario Kart remixes for my anniversaries, and that I unconsciously did it again. Ooops, I did it again, right. But nothing wrong with that I guess! However I think it will be a longer delay until my next anniversary arrives, since I've decided it will be whenever, or if I ever reach 5000 (!!) subscribers. By then I will have another poll with suggestions for the anniversary remix.

Well, the rest of this song's details I'll leave to you to discover for yourselves. There are plenty of small things happening!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING ME AND KEEP LISTENING TO MY REMIXES AND COVERS, it means the world to me! This is my absolute favourite thing to do while having a little time over after the rest of my family goes to sleep.

Hey, you very good! See you next time!

/Neon X