A Chronicle of Ivalice (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Thirdkoopa

Saxophone Quartet!

Track: https://dodarchive.dwellingofduels.net/23-03-Spinoffs/08-Lucas Guimaraes%2C Charles Ritz%2C Jess Destramp%2C Thomas Kresge%2C Daniel Caton-Final Fantasy Tactics-A Chronicle of Ivalice-DoD.mp3

Original Track: 

Please let me know anything I can fix up before sending it over for OCR Review

Edited by Thirdkoopa

• Thirdkoopa changed the title to A Chronicle of Ivalice (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Evaluation:

0:00-0:23 Source
0:24-0:42 Continuing the rhythm from the original here, with some of the progression of the source.
0:43-0:50 Source
0:51-1:12 Source
1:13-2:06 New material?
2:07-2:18 Source/interpretation
2:19-2:30 Progression from the source
2:31-2:52 Chord progression from the source I think
2:53-3:13 Fugue-like interpretation of source
3:20-3:42 Source passed around to multiple parts
3:43-4:04 Ending

244 total, 146 of source.  There's enough there.  I think the debate would be if others agree with my breakdown.  I could see the 0:24-0:42, 2:19-2:30 both being considered new material by others, because it doesn't immediately stand out as being from the source.  It's possible it got a bit too far from it.  If you don't agree with my breakdown, I would suggest including your own breakdown on submission.

At 3:14 I totally thought that we were about to get some X-Men the animated series cameo XD.  The recordings are clean, and are sufficiently loud throughout. It also looks like a limiter was applied an there are a few areas that have the tops clipped off.  Suggest backing off the gain a little bit before submission and you'll preserve the full dynamic without clipping those wave tops off. (0:57, 4:02 for example).  Sounds complete otherwise.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have set it to Completed status, indicating that I think your remix is ready to be submitted to the Judges Panel. Congratulations!

If you feel like you still need to work on your track and want more feedback, you can change the prefix back to Work-in-Progress and we'll go through the review process again.

If you decide to submit your track, please change the prefix to Submitted after sending your email. Thank you!