Where Sea Demons Go To Die (2023 Mix)

Thirdkoopa

Evaluation:

So I'm assuming the export error also cut something off at the beginning because it feels like it comes in halfway through a note of something.

1:00-1:38 really needs a melodic variation to separate it from being a direct repeat of 0:12-0:41.

1:39 Transition is abrupt and feels like it needs another two beats before transition made to the bridge.  If i'm counting right, this is a measure of 2/4 and the rest of the piece is 4/4.  I suggest just keeping the time as 4/4 and add two beats to that measure and it should help make the transition less awkward and sudden.   It is the right time to bridge to the next section, but it's just cut short.

I do like the 1:58 transition back to the head.

In terms of production, I'm barely hearing the kick in much of the mix and sometimes not at all.  Also feeling an imbalance in the stereo field, more on the right then the left.  Double tracked guitars should be left and write more then the other stuff.  Other stuff should be much closer to center.

Reverb on the sax feels like a lot more then the rest of the parts in the track, definitely want to get closer to the other parts so it doesn't stand out with so much verb. 2:29-2:32 a couple notes in that phrase (on sax) not gelling with me.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that it's ready for submission to OCR, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and someone will review it again. Good luck!

The melodic changes in the first repeat are great

The 1:38 transition is still not working.

The biggest thing now is the drums and bass processing.  Parallel processing on drums for compression would be huge.  Bass compression will help beef it up.

Also 2:25 cymbal hits/roll need velocity updates (aka machine gun).

L/R balance is better, thank you for fixing.

Also watch the organ velocities for the new melody changes in that first repeat, it gets a lot louder and it's close to a good level, it should be louder since it's lead.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that it's ready for submission to OCR, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and someone will review it again. Good luck!