Attempting to replicate arpeggiation on guitar

dasaten

Here's a short 14 sec clip of me trying to make a guitar sound arpeggiated. I've always wanted to be able to cover stuff with arps, like is more present in Western composers' work like Tim Follin or Jeroen Tel. But, I've thought it would be too tough to pull of that sound on a guitar. This week my friend gave me an idea to try. Here it is. I think it came out pretty decent. Any suggestions on how to make it sound more authentic are welcome. 

Original Track:

Here's clean unprocessed guitar of what I played. It's all 8 notes of each arpeggio played separetely one note at a time and layered on top of each other.

Here's the track above with just a little bit of ring modulation and reverb.

Edited by dasaten

Unfortunately the dropbox link isn't working or i'd have more comments.

My thought that would be a huge deal aside from reverb is to add a delay.  The strums of a guitar are basically the same thing as one of the chip arps.  You're on the way to getting a close approximation there.

Some of those old chips probably have a greater range than what you can do on guitar, but what's there now is cool.

Edited by Hemophiliac

Thx, I will def try it with some delay and see how it sounds. Do you think playing the notes of the arpeggio a bit more legato would help too? I feel like the arps in the original song have a very soft feel to them. I'm not sure though, i just don't wanna take away any more attack if the ringmod is already eating some up.

Anyway, I'll mess around with it. Thx again.

Edited by dasaten