Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Artist Settings

  • Collaboration Status
    1. Not Interested or Available

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

dasaten's Achievements

  1. I like the flute playing, and the arrangement generally sounds good. But, I miss the intro without the flute. It adds a lot of dramatic effect that up and down on the bass and the up up up on the strings and then BAM...the flute drops. With the flute coming in first thing I really miss hearing that.
  2. I like this. Such a beautiful source tune. I used to play this on recorder a lot back in the day. I think the original version is very melancholic. Your instrumentation, especially the addition of strings and vocals give the piece an added note of hope the original doesn't have.
  3. Thanks again, Deathtank. Just discovered Pete and Bas and this PKJ freestyle which is sooo good.
  4. Oh yeah, I immediately listened to the rest of their songs after seeing your OP, and then did this.
  5. Too bad, cause it would be really cool to hear that bassline on pedals. There used to be this video on youtube of a band with a woman playing the bassline to Clash on Big Bridge from FFV on Youtube, but I haven't been able to find it again. It was super neat.
  6. Thx, I will def try it with some delay and see how it sounds. Do you think playing the notes of the arpeggio a bit more legato would help too? I feel like the arps in the original song have a very soft feel to them. I'm not sure though, i just don't wanna take away any more attack if the ringmod is already eating some up. Anyway, I'll mess around with it. Thx again.
  7. Thx. I think i can maybe make it a bit more funky though, not 100% happy with that. Maybe a BIT too many notes. I will finish it, but may take some time as I have some other projects I need to finish up. Btw, 90% of the funk in that original video you posted comes from the drums. The guy is playing the original bassline with a couple extra notes and one fill. The other 10% of the funk comes from his dancing, hehe. I hope you wont be disappointed that I won't be dancing in my video when I finish this.
  8. It wouldn't upload to soundcloud last night for some reason. I got it to now. Updated original post. Thx
  9. Here's a short 14 sec clip of me trying to make a guitar sound arpeggiated. I've always wanted to be able to cover stuff with arps, like is more present in Western composers' work like Tim Follin or Jeroen Tel. But, I've thought it would be too tough to pull of that sound on a guitar. This week my friend gave me an idea to try. Here it is. I think it came out pretty decent. Any suggestions on how to make it sound more authentic are welcome. Original Track: Here's clean unprocessed guitar of what I played. It's all 8 notes of each arpeggio played separetely one note at a time and layered on top of each other. Here's the track above with just a little bit of ring modulation and reverb.
  10. Hey, I'm looking for a GBS player that is compatible with Win 10 that I can isolate and slow tracks down with. I've tried half a dozen, Meridian, Audio Overload, Audacious, GBSPlayer and Game Emu player. NEZ_Plug works, but can't isolate tracks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx!
  11. I did a little rough test. Lemme know what you think. I don't wanna polish it and do the whole song if it's not your thing. I wish I had the original track with the funky drums that that guy in the video had.
  12. This is neat. Really love when the bass drops, and it's a killer bassline to boot.
  • Create New...