Tempo Change Over Time

tweex

The subject pretty much sums it up, but here are the details.

For a production I'm designing sound for, the director wants a clock clicking, which I have. Last night at rehearsal he asked if it would be possible to have the clock speed increase steadily over time (about 1:15 total). I have looked into it and have crapped out so far in terms of my possible ideas. How can I do it?

Here are the programs I already have:

Reason 3.0

Pro Tools 7.1

Ableton Live 5.0

Audacity

If there are other programs that I would need to do this, tell me what they are. Keep in mind that I use a Mac Pro computer (i.e. Intel Mac).

Thanks guys!!

The problem is that it's one continuous wav file. When I do the tempo increase, it doesn't play it faster.

Essentially what's happening is that when I chage the tempo, the Wav file adjusts so that it sounds the same throughout. What I need to be able to do is to tell it to NOT adjust the wav file so that the tempo can actually increase over time.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks Vagrance, you've gotten me one HUGE step closer. I didn't even know the tempo change was in the master channel :)!!

(btw, this is not sarcasm. I'm completely serious!!)

I think I may have solved it....

I, by default, always turn "Warp" off of a wav file so it doesn't sound all funky. I turned it back on, and that took care of it.

The only problem no is that if I turn in too high/fast, some of the clicks are left out. That's just because the original is a bit fast. I think that if I chop it up and slow it down a bit that it will work a bit better.

Thanks guys :)!!