Visions of Mana - A brand-new next-gen console game in the legendary Mana series

Master Mi

Might be some really good news for Secret of Mana fans.

There will be a completely new game with a new story for the Mana series - have a good look at it:

The real title should actually be "Visions of Mana" instead of "Vision of Mana", as many other trailer uploads show.
And the story so far seems to revolve around a boy who accompanies a girl on her pilgrimage to the myth-enshrouded Mana Tree.

Although I think that hardly any Mana game or remake can surpass the charm of the original Secret of Mana for the Super NES with its unique graphic style and truly beautiful, mesmerizing soundtracks (perhaps "Sword of Mana", which is a rather advanced and story-wise much more elaborate reinterpretation of the chronologically first Mana game called "Seiken Densetsu - Final Fantasy Gaiden", or "Mystic Quest" for the Gameboy), this new Mana game may well have potential to win me over.

Although I'd really like to see a new story approach that starts in a pretty dark, kinda dystopian modern day city with only a few traces of life and mana left, like a few wild herbs trying to break through a pavement (and where people are much more concerned about money, status, influence and more inanimate things instead of life, spirit and nature), the new game could also have an interesting storyline.
Despite the fact I'm still a big fan of the old Secret of Mana SNES graphic style, the graphics of the upcoming Mana game seem to be really beautiful and very detailed - the graphics might even surpass the really well done remake "Trials of Mana".

I'm not worried about the soundtracks because the music in the trailer, which is easily recognizable to fans of the Mana series, already sounds really great.

Let's be surprised by the further development of this title.

Besides...

I'm also working on a Secret of Mana remix, which will start with a real whale song as mana's response to a little flute melody for the remix intro - in combination with a self-written introductory poem about mana (life force).
The musical genres revolve around ambient, orchestra (especially for the calm and atmospheric introductory section) as well as electronics with a small touch of rock ballad (especially for the much more upbeat main section).

Although I'm pretty far along with this remix, it will still take some time (especially for the video clips from the original SNES game - so I'll have to play the game again), because I want this music project to be really good - precious childhood memories 'n' stuff like that, you know. ))
But before I dive back into this remix project more, I have at least two other priorities in music projects that come first (a drum composition and a new mixing for a Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 remix, which should also help me move forward with my new mixing concept).

Let's see what the future brings - especially in the last cozy days of this year and the coming year. ))

Edited by Master Mi

• Master Mi changed the title to Visions of Mana - A brand-new next-gen console game in the legendary Mana series