Sonic 3 - Ice Cap Zone

To open the synths feel dry.

The open hat sizzle is hot, bring that down ~2db.

The arrangement is solid with plenty of interpretation, but the production is what needs the most work.  The parts don't feel like they blend together for cohesion so much, they feel like they are all the foreground and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to focus on.  The panning is favored to the right it seems, I think it's the open hat just standing out so much.

Open sections like 0:58-1:11 and 2:25-2:54 could benefit from having another soft lead play a countermelody or pads with filter sweeps to fill the space in.

You give us textural contrast by dropping out parts to create less going on but what about dynamics?  Could definitely use some dynamics with the track staying at close to the same level throughout.

Fade out? After 4 minutes, it'd be nice to have a more refined and conclusive ending.

After all of that it's gonna sound like I'm really ragging on this, but it has potential and I want to see you develop it more.

32 minutes ago, Hemophiliac said:

To open the synths feel dry.

The open hat sizzle is hot, bring that down ~2db.

The arrangement is solid with plenty of interpretation, but the production is what needs the most work.  The parts don't feel like they blend together for cohesion so much, they feel like they are all the foreground and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to focus on.  The panning is favored to the right it seems, I think it's the open hat just standing out so much.

Open sections like 0:58-1:11 and 2:25-2:54 could benefit from having another soft lead play a countermelody or pads with filter sweeps to fill the space in.

You give us textural contrast by dropping out parts to create less going on but what about dynamics?  Could definitely use some dynamics with the track staying at close to the same level throughout.

Fade out? After 4 minutes, it'd be nice to have a more refined and conclusive ending.

After all of that it's gonna sound like I'm really ragging on this, but it has potential and I want to see you develop it more.

Awesome, this is precisely the kind of criticism I needed! Thank you so much!