Thoughts on FL Studio Mobile?

When I was producing music as a hobby, I was exclusively using Garageband on my iPad. Now that I'm thinking about getting back into it regularly, I'm considering upgrading to the mobile version of FL Studio as it's rather inexpensive and appears to be quite functional. Does anyone here have experience with it, and if so, would you recommend it?

I think GarageBand Is good.

I made exactly 1 finished tune in 12 years of tablet usage though, since 2012.

And i made It in 2012 lol.

It was on beatmaker 2.

I think for *some* reason very few people get excellent output on mobile sequencers.

I must've spent $300 on iPad music soft since 2012. A huge pile of shame i try tò forget.

Word of advice: treat Any music software purchase on mobile as If It was 10x as pricey.

GarageBand Is pretty great. Very Limited But you can make incredible Symphonies, or synthetic progrock suites or whathaveyou.

I am a 20 year FL user and FL mobile didn't wow me.

I think Korg Gadget and Drambo are the best software around for mobile.

But it's all theoretical as i haven't made Any damn music Worth speaking of With them!

I think Key With mobile Is, you get One Seq and you run with It. Garageband Is quite good man. Just sayn :)

Edit: Nanostudio 2 Is Amazing also.

But, FL on PC Beats 'em all Ez.

Tablet seq'ing Is iffy. 

Keyboard and mouse. Superior.

So, Gadget, Drambo, Nanostudio 2.

My recommendations.

And GarageBand. Amazing soft.

I Hate Tablets tbh :p

But they were so magical in 2012.

Edited by Nase

Thanks to both of you for your replies!

Touch controls don't really bother me; I'm quite used to them in general but especially for music production. I've also got a keyboard, anyway.

Yeah, I agree that Garageband is quite good for what it is. It's a totally competent DAW, and it doesn't cost a cent! My main issue with it is that almost every single sample that isn't a synth is pretty crappy. I've used them before, and every time they've brought down the quality of my track either a little or a lot.

I'm happy with Garageband overall; I'm just wondering if it's worth it to make this particular upgrade, and when I think about my only serious problem with Garageband being sample quality in a few edge cases, I'm leaning towards no, at least for now.

It Sounds Like you wanna Stick to touch.

If you are ready to Shell out Money for serious Sounds...Look at SWAM. At least for Brass and strings.

It's no Samples but excellent physical modelling. Seriously that stuff Is good. Bit pricey For iOS tho. Completely Worth It.

Garageband has AU support too, right.

I have the trumpet and the cello. It works great in Touchland because you make the sound come alive With breath Controller automation etc. Recording an extra Midi CC via moving a slider in the AU Is Just easypeasy on a tablet, arguably easier than automating via mouse.

I have No other AUs that really wowed me. But the SWAM stuf Is very Ez to recommend.

I can give you the best soundfont player for iOS, and then you have to find good soundfonts.

I would say that the best thing about fl studio mobile is that you can make multisampled directwave instruments in the desktop version, and then load them up in flm. I wish you could sample a combination of the synths with directwave right in flm (save on cpu) like in Caustic 3.