*NO* Bubble Bobble "Wobble Bobble"

Liontamer

Pretty vanilla/bland synths and very basic textures, though the mixing and panning sounds decent. Unfortunately, it's a very underdeveloped arrangement. Once you get to :33, you're effctively just hearing segments cut-and-pasted with sampled SFX (creatively) sprinkled in. The distorted beats from 1:35-2:15 were low quality and only added mud & clutter. Not much going on in terms of substance for the last minute. There's some basic creativity here, it's just not polished in any major way yet, so it's far from our bar. I hope you keep at it, Crabs, even if it's not with this arrangement.

NO

opening is just a weak bass, kick without any meat, and a lead that sounds like it's effectively just the original dumped in. the sfx helps but it's pretty blah throughout - there's little here that's really giving it uniqueness. it's the same 30s repeated twice, then a big kick dumped on top of the same thing (but the kick still doesn't have any beef to it) and repeated again. there's some clipping around 2:00.

this needs some significant development before it'd be something we post here. i'd encourage you to work through some new ideas and mixing concepts on this, and then bring it to the workshop (on the forum or on the discord) to get some more feedback.

NO

• 1 month later...

I think the concept of this is awesome, it's upbeat and groovy and I love the sfx and vocal clips.  But my fellow Js are correct that the execution isn't there yet, this needs a lot more polish, varied drum writing, varied instrumentation, varied/interpreted lead writing, more interesting backing/countermelodic elements or padding or chords or something, and a complete mixing overhaul.  The synths sound very simple, vanilla and unsophisticated.  I agree that our workshop forum and Discord server will be helpful to get more feedback on how to proceed.  I definitely hear promise and creativity here.  Everyone starts somewhere, carry on and let's hear this or something else from you in the future!

NO