Remixer name: Mark Kilborn

Email address: mark@markkilborn.com

Web site: www.markkilborn.com

UserID: 19333

REMIX INFO

Game: Final Fantasy

Song: Prelude

Link to original: Don't have one, sorry. I built this up from scratch =/

Comments: I had a free afternoon sometime in 2005 and I decided to take a crack at the Prelude from the original Final Fantasy. I've always been a bit of an Uematsu fan and this tune is a classic, so it was an obvious choice. In some of my early DVD demo reels (when I was still trying to break into the industry), this track was an easter egg. Hope you like it!

--

Mark Kilborn

Sound Designer

Hate to sound acrimonious, but the primary synth is just annoying. Yeah. Unfortunately, this leaves a lot to be desired. It's got some cool funky beats in it, but they by no means carry the song. And there's a lot of note-conflicting going on in this one. All over the place. Places like 1:35... just... ouch. Sorry man.

I advise picking a different source to remix, because source tunes like this take an avid avid remixer to tackle the challenge. I say that because it takes an extremely creative mind and lots of know-how to tastefully implement site standards like quality REarrangement (emphasise on "RE") and then produce it into something other than little more than a cover.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/ff1.zip - Track 1

Yeah, some excellent phat b33tz playing a bit off, but there's definitely some conflicting notes in here with that bassline like BGC mentioned.

The beatwork and stuttering synth does play around with the source tune a little bit on an interpretive level. But as far as the melodic lead goes, the arrangement is pretty uninterpretive and repetitive.

And that's all she wrote, unfortunately.

NO