*NO* EarthBound & Game Boy Camera 'ROM Schtick'

Liontamer

• Name of game(s) ReMixed: Earthbound, Gameboy Camera
  • Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: The Save/Load menu Theme (EB)/Data Entry (GBC)

Oddly enough, I found myself thinking about submitting this old(er) track while waiting for a train into Manhattan this morning. Seeing that Dale's submission originating in the same project just went up, I've decided to throw it up onto the docket. Docket away, boys (and Jill).

Best wishes,

-S

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=mo2 - "Choose a File" (mo2-004.spc)

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/gbcam.zip - Track 3

Played this on VGF68 for the Bound Together special. It's an awesome track, based more off the Game Boy Camera theme (which was cribbed and expanded from this EarthBound source tune, as y'all can hear). Also gotta say though, Shael, I thought the production was excellent as well.

Unfortunately, I gotta agree with Vigilante that the arrangement is too underdeveloped. Especially now that I hear how a lot of the "new" writing ideas are from the Game Boy Camera track. You didn't crib 'em wholesale, but the overall interpretation was pretty conservative.

I loved what you've done with this, and the performance aspect is unique and tightly produced, but further length and interpretation would be needed to get it over the bar here. It's great for what it is, and I don't meant to take away from that. I'd love to hear an extended cut, but it may be unlikely for something that was dusted off the shelf. Still though, I can't wait to hear what other mixes might be coming our way from ye elder Riley.

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...
This is good stuff. Creative and well-produced. Gotta say though, and I'm sure this won't come as a suprise to anybody, but at 1:30 this is short. It's not really lacking anything in particular, but It's really a bit underdeveloped for an OCReMix.

I gotta say, this is the closest I'll ever come to passing such a short mix. However, in it's current form,

NO

hope your resub this, Shael :)

I normally don't like to just echo the sentiments of other judges w/o adding much, but Larry/BGC/Vig are on the mark. This is pretty cool, but it's gotta have more meat in the arrangement... which probably means making it longer. I do have to say, you drum programming doesn't suck here. In fact the production is quite creative overall! So don't worry about that.

NO, RESUBMIT