Question on possible program

mmcaa89

Hey everyone,

I have been looking everywhere for the answer to the right audio program, but I have found nothing. I decided to come here since I know there are a lot of great people.

Basically, I have two wave files that are nearly identical, yet have a few minor differences between them. The thing is, I want to extract only the similar areas from the waves, while removing all of the differences, so I can work with them better. Does anyone know of a program that can do this?

Any help is appreciated.

If you subtract one of the waves from the other (the same as adding the inverted waveform to the other), you get the wave's differences only.

If both waveforms have equal parts and you want to get rid of the differences, subtract the difference again from the original.

Any sample-accurate wave-editor that can invert the waveforms should be able to do this.

If you subtract one of the waves from the other (the same as adding the inverted waveform to the other), you get the wave's differences only.

If both waveforms have equal parts and you want to get rid of the differences, subtract the difference again from the original.

Any sample-accurate wave-editor that can invert the waveforms should be able to do this.

...but if the differences ever overlap with each other, then you will just be taking the differences off the track and adding the differences from the other. But you can get it to work because you will then be left with something that sounds identical to one of your first tracks, but the stuff you didn't will be inverted to each other.

I retyped this about 3 times and couldn't come up with a simpler way to explain it. Can you post the files?

If you want to try it yourself, Audacity is a good program to try.

Thanks for the responses, looks like just what I needed. Patrick Burns, the files are a little big to send, and I think I would like to learn for myself anyway. I do have Audacity, I can mess around with it. I will work with it some and then tell you guys what happens.