Programs

I am interested in remixing, but I can't figure out many of the programs that people use (Fruityloops, ReNoise, etc). Are there any programs that a non-techie person like me could use? I am only familiar with sheet music and most of the technological stuff is beyond me. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Are there any programs that a non-techie person like me could use?

Nope.

FruityLoops is probably the easiest software I can think of learning, simply because it does so much behind-the-scenes automatic stuff that it doesn't bother you with, though in the long-term that is kind of damaging if you don't know what's really going on in there.

Any simpler and easier than FL and you're getting into eJay territory. Or a single drum machine and TB-303.

I am interested in remixing, but I can't figure out many of the programs that people use (Fruityloops, ReNoise, etc).

Can you figure out Reason?

If you can't, the solution is to educate yourself - you'll have to become a techie. In a time where a complete studio fits in a laptop, it means that there's no engineer, no producer, no songwriter, no composer, and no musician but yourself around, so it's pretty important that you'll learn the ropes yourself. In the past, you had other people doing this for you, specializing in a certain discipline. You still have 'm, but not for small personal projects.

Any keyboard or synthesizer is just as complicated, only sometimes moreso because of the smaller display.

Read the guide at http://www.tweakheadz.com/