Hello And A little Help please.

Xaiir

Hey everyone first off I want to say that this site is amazing and I dig all the remixes that have been done. In fact I like them so much that I am thinking of doing some myself. I am pretty fluent with creating my own music in Fruity Loops but I never was able to figure out how to put a song into the program. I have Fruity Loops and I have the SPC file that I want to use using Samp3. But that is where I am stuck trying to get this song into the Program. If anyone could help me I would be much appreciative. Thx

-X

Oh. I was confused I thought you had to use an old midi or spc file in the remix. My Bad.

If you read OCR's site FAQ, it says "please don't rip someone else's midi" somewhere. As in, you can't just load a midi in FL, replace the instruments, and add a drumloop. Even if you did, it'd sound horrible anyway!

anyway have fun (´∀`)

Of course, if you are quite familliar with music-making (and I mean familliar), it could sound much better depending on the amount of work you put into it.

SPC's can be converted (although sloppily) to MIDI, or you can render them to WAV or another streaming format (provided you want to use the original sounds.)

But in many cases, a mere sequence of the main melody/ies would be enough to take from the original. If you DO plan to use a MIDI anyway, you are advised to the following:

1. Ask permission of MIDI sequencer first. (I wouldn't bother if it's a REALLY REALLY SMALL THING you'll use though, but at least let 'em know a remix is being made. :D)

2. Make sure you don't use it to its entirety, because it isn't going to work out. (Sounds used will most likely sound like crap unless you're using something like Yamaha XG or a VSTi ROMpler) Take what you need, and build off of that by scratch.

Otherwise, plunk the melody in the piano roll, and reimagine it up till what your imagination will allow. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, my question is similar to Xaiir's, I'm wondering what the best way to get an mp3 into your FL song, (I know it's looked down upon in re-mixes, this is for other reasons) I can do it by putting it into a step sequencer, but then I have to extend the amount of bars by an eternity, Also, what's the best way to take a section out of an mp3, say I want seconds 20-40, how could I do that?

Hey everyone, my question is similar to Xaiir's, I'm wondering what the best way to get an mp3 into your FL song, (I know it's looked down upon in re-mixes, this is for other reasons) I can do it by putting it into a step sequencer, but then I have to extend the amount of bars by an eternity, Also, what's the best way to take a section out of an mp3, say I want seconds 20-40, how could I do that?

I do this quite a bit. You don't want to work with mp3 files though, try going as raw as you can [like .wav or what have you]. I find it's best to sample with a WAV editor like Audacity or Audition. Actually, I pretty much have to, FL doesn't recognize my goddamn inputs, since I have an Audigy 2. Anyway, I select "what u hear" in the channel mixer and record the source into that [could be a flash banner ad on the internet or an old record].

There are several ways to incorporate recordings into your song, and some ways are better than others depending on the type of recording. Since I sample mostly drumloops or vocals, I put them into the FL Slicer plugin and fit them into the song that way. If it's a live performance of you playing guitar or something, you might appreciate the audio clips feature, which keeps patterns and recording takes separate.