*NO* Mega Man 7 'Translucent Darkness'

Liontamer

djpretzel,

My name is Matt Keller, but I go by the name SuperiorX for song remixes. This is my first submission to the site, although the remixes I made are actually from around mid-2004. I was cleaning through my old laptop the other day and I found these lying around, so I figured what the heck, I'll see if they're good enough for OCremix! This one is from Mega Man 7 and it is a remix of Shademan's zone. It's titled "Translucent Darkness".

Thanks!

-Matt

------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=mm7 - "Shade Man Stage" (mm7-14a.spc)

Theme kicked in on some faux strings and piano at :37, sounding too loud. Some basic drumloops arrived in at 1:14 while the rest of the melodic stuff continued. Nothing particularly interpretive with the treatment of the theme, though the piano supplementing things in the back was a decent touch. Otherwise, most of the melodic and countermelodic stuff is basically the same structure as the original.

Changed up the instrumentation combinations at 2:27 to create some good dynamic contrast, but the first section was essentially repeated wholesale now with different sounds and less supplementary activity...all the way until 4:18. This was dragging out badly. Tempo got upped at 4:20 and repeated 1:13's section verbatim at the faster pace until the fadeout close.

On the interpretation side...where's the beef?

NO

• 1 month later...

The sample quality, arrangement, and sequencing would all need to be improved substantially for this to pass.

Definetly not the worst sub we've ever heard, but this is too close to the original to pass. The robotic sequencing might be intentional, but it still sounds amatuerish.

It wasn't a waste submitting this, but its not up to our current standards. I'd like to hear some more from you, if you're still mixing.

NO