*NO* Game & Watch Gallery 'Eight-Legged Terror'

Liontamer

Remixer Name: Diet Chugg

E mail: milkchugg@hotmail.com

I would like the song to be posted for everyone to see after the Judges...Judge it.

This remix comes from Game & Watch 1 ( Game boy ). It is also in Game & Watch 4 ( Game boy Advance ). The name of the mini-game is Octopus. I always liked this game because you get to steal from an octopus. I worked real hard on this mix. The one thing I always noticed the game did was when you got caught by the octopus, it would cut off the beutiful music and play, evil annoying death music. I had to implement that into my song. It makes the song more... Realistic

Here you go Judges, enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dmfdwjzz4nt

I'm excited to see if my song becomes an oc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll leave that link up per your request, but since it's on a temporary hosting, Lord only knows if it'll be around to actually be downloaded by anyone.

Game Boy Gallery Musics Original Soundtrack - (107) "Octopus" & (113) "Game Over"

Heh. Melodically, this is kind of a simplified version of the original. The textures are on the flimsy side, and aside from all the bells and whistles with the various effects and sounds going in and out, the melodic stuff is basically untouched and uninterpretive. 1:21 upped the tempo, to finally change things a bit. This was cool, but the soundfield still needed fleshing out.

The contrast of a bare section like 2:16 would have worked better if the track had been fuller beforehand, but I liked the concept nonetheless. Bah, that bassline was really fake and exposed from 2:29-2:45. Moved back into some more basic textures for the close.

You've gotta make the arrangement more interpretive beyond fuxoring with the sounds. Don't get me wrong, you've got the right idea with that in terms of personalizing the arrangement by varying the sounds a lot. But ultimately that's all lettuce and tomato, and no meat, because you need to work on the melodic interpretation as well. Nice start though, and props for picking a theme with such an interesting background. Game & Watch gets no love.

NO

• 1 month later...

agree with larry on this one being fairly flismy sounding instrumentally. it is gamey and i don't mean videogamey and as a result is very hard to listen to. that doesn't say that the arrangement isn't good which i think its pretty neat. a lot of it is uninterpreted but it gets really crazy and while larry refers to it as fluxoring with the sounds, its actually quite brilliant and funny as fuck. still, the overall production quality is too much of a liability

in other words

i really do like the arrangement, it is just that while the intent here may have definetly succeeded, a yes, it did not accomplish

NO