*NO* Final Fantasy 10 'Kilika Woods'

Liontamer

Some minor additive stuff after 2:58; only up here because the performance is a decent listen, so at least weigh in on that - LT

This is my first submission.

ReMixer: Evahn

email address: fungshway@hotmail.com

game: Final Fantasy X

song: Silence Before the Storm

ReMix: Kilika Woods

I didn't really make any changes in arrangement to the song, I just played it on guitar. I didn't want it to sound too chaotic or sloppy with a lot of guitars, so it only gets up to five playing at once. I guess it worked; I just hope it's not too simple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bit too much audible recording hiss due to the guitar layering. Nonetheless, I thought the synching of the various guitar performances was pretty good, all things considered. But unfortunately...

In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation' date=' but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made.[/quote']

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FFX_psf2.rar - 204 "Silence Before the Storm"

I didn't really make any changes in arrangement to the song, I just played it on guitar.

You see how it's over before it started? I love the source tune, so hearing a cover like this is cool. But as far as OCR's standards go (read 'em more carefully), you need less this and more this.

Don't merely transcribe a piece. Interpret it and make it your own piece. The minor original writing you added from 2:58 until the end at 4:01 is next to nothing. It's just on top of your near-verbatim rendition of the source tune.

Don't be discouraged. When you've taken the interpretation aspect of this site to heart more, Evan, c'mon back over and try us with another track.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Beautifully played mate. It's a straight-up cover. You might've even considered putting a bit of reverb over the top of your lead guitar line just to make it a bit smoother.

Yeah, we don't do direct covers here. But I'm glad I got to hear this one. It's a nice piece. You'll want to concentrate on reinterpreting the arrangement of future submissions as Larry said. You can evidently play, so it shouldn't be a problem to just jump on the creativity foot and do the remix thing.

NO

ah the lead guitar is staccato, which sounds bad to me. i would normally assume you are doing that intentionally out of noobishness, but you play the rhythm parts fairly competantly. That's still going to be my guess, cause the rhythm parts are consistently better than the leads.

thosee leads could really do with some reverb.

You have an interesting vision, as hinted at by some of the countermelodic guitar segments. do more with this, make it more your own arrangement-wise.

good start, keep practicing

NO