Install program while hiding add/remove icon?

Black Mage

Is there any way that one could easily install a program (like ICQ), but somehow hide/remove the add/remove icon from the add/remove window?

My friend's parents won't let her install any IM programs because the insist that they slow the computer to the point of death (yeah, they're kinda dumb). They even go so far as to regularly check her add/remove to look for new programs.

So I'm trying to help her by hiding the program, which is easy for the most part, except the add/remove thing.

Any ideas?

This should work. It's normally used when the program isn't actually still installed, but still listed, I'm not sure how it would work in your friend's case.

If that doesn't work you could try something like ICQ2Go which is Java based and requires no installation.

You could also try a multi-chat client that is also portable (runs off a thumb drive) such as Miranda Portable or Gaim Portable

Also, you can use meebo as well. I think it's mainly java or javascript that allows you to log into a number of different messaging programs like AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and Google Talk. If you can access a website, you can access meebo as well. It's what I use if I'm on a computer that's not my own. It emulates each program and restricts the windows with in the browser you are using. In that way, it's not as flexible as other programs it's better than nothing without having to install anything.

http://www.meebo.com