Email: maximum28@aol.com

Site: www.myspace.com/maxoelectronic

Game remixed: F-Zero

Songs remixed: Big Blue, Mute City

Composer: Naoto Yoshida, Yukio Kaneoka, Yumiko Kanky

Links:

- Mute City:

- Big Blue:

Comments: Ok, first things first, I AM aware that there was a remix posted by someone quite recently with the same songs remixed, so I'm letting you know that this is pure coincidence. Now about the remix... After seeing one of my previous remixes approved (thanks!) I felt inspired to make something else. After awhile I decided on F-Zero, for no specific reason. I started out making a remix of Big Blue, but Mute City kept on getting stuck in my head while I was making it, so I put a little Mute City interlude in. I tried to make it seem as natural of a transition as possible. Listening back, I realized that it does sound pretty cheesy... a lot like Dragonforce (haha). But it gets the point through one way or another. I made this on Garageband.

-----------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=fz - "Big Blue" (fz-02.spc) & "Mute City" (fz-09.spc)

The sounds and texture are pretty thin, and every instrument plays ultra-mechanically. Overall, the arrangement was pretty conservative and uninterpretive. 1:15 at least had the "Mute City" theme on top of the "Big Blue" backing chords. After that, most of the interpretation was in the supporting writing and not with the melodic content. So while there was some personal flair, it was definitely not enough. On top on that, the arrangement felt pretty underdeveloped at only 2:29-long. There's gotta be more humanity in the performance, more meat in the sounds, and more substance in the arrangement. With that Wario Land 2 sub already up on the front page, Max, you know you're capable of way better, bro.

NO

• 1 month later...

There are sections of this that sound midi-ripish. that's not to say there aren't any original ideas in here, but some of the pitch bends sound identical to the original, in a way that seems suspicious. i know this soundtrack well.

The instrumentation/textures are really, really, really, cheesy. Like, trying-to-stifle-my-laughter-while-I'm-listening-to-it cheesy. It may seem harsh to say that, but I've gotta be 100% honest with you.

Even if this started as a Midi-rip (or has sections pasted in), I can tell that a decent amount of work still went into this, which is why I'm shooting you straight. If you want to get something posted here, you're gonna need better sounding drums and realistic textures (Guitar and brass are ridiculously hard to make sound cool. You're setting yourself back in that respect). Everything here sounds General MIDI quality, as if this track were embedded in an Angelfire F-Zero fansite circa 1997.

Keep at it. Parts of your approach are right, you just need to improve your arrangement skills a little and your production skills a LOT. Good luck.

NO

There are sections of this that sound midi-ripish. that's not to say there aren't any original ideas in here, but some of the pitch bends sound identical to the original, in a way that seems suspicious. i know this soundtrack well.

The instrumentation/textures are really, really, really, cheesy. Like, trying-to-stifle-my-laughter-while-I'm-listening-to-it cheesy. It may seem harsh to say that, but I've gotta be 100% honest with you.

Even if this started as a Midi-rip (or has sections pasted in), I can tell that a decent amount of work still went into this, which is why I'm shooting you straight. If you want to get something posted here, you're gonna need better sounding drums and realistic textures (Guitar and brass are ridiculously hard to make sound cool. You're setting yourself back in that respect). Everything here sounds General MIDI quality, as if this track were embedded in an Angelfire F-Zero fansite circa 1997.

Keep at it. Parts of your approach are right, you just need to improve your arrangement skills a little and your production skills a LOT. Good luck.

NO

Jon said it. I know we can't all have multi-thousand-dollar sample libraries and plugins, but you've got to overcome that obstacle in the meanwhile.

glib-vote ftw.

NO