Lilith's Lithany (DK 64) WIP

tyrog

jeez...talk about clipping. First off, yeah, turn it down. Next, it's boring. There's really only two parts to it: the annoying bass-ish thing that plays a beat on every first beat of a measure, and the melody, which leads me to next point. The melody is all there is, no real originality.

I'm sure there's more but I don't have time for a second listen right now, and those are the things that just popped out at me. I love DK64 as well, and I'd love to hear this mix get good :P

The general concept has a lil goin for it. The mallet that is playing throughout, get about 2 other instruments playing the same thing along with it. Have those three intruments feeding off of eachother. Throw different amounts of delay on them. That might yield some cool effects.

If this is goin to be an ambient piece there needs to be a whole lot more sounds and lil FX throw in all over the place to enhance the feel.

Some of the melodies/harmnonies sound pretty cool, so prob try to work on those and enhancing that part of the song. A nice flute type of sound playing a melody overhead would go really nice with this one.

• 3 weeks later...

niice. i feel so special, i put up a request for dk64 and now there's 2 wips. unfortunately this is probably just coincidence. but anyhow.

i would have to say while its a good start, the bass moog is just a crappy sample. that could sound much better. and of course as its a wip, it could use some mastering (for instance that same moog seems overpowering sometimes) but i'm sure you can work that out. its a good start, keep it up.

niice. i feel so special, i put up a request for dk64 and now there's 2 wips. unfortunately this is probably just coincidence. but anyhow.

i would have to say while its a good start, the bass moog is just a crappy sample. that could sound much better. and of course as its a wip, it could use some mastering (for instance that same moog seems overpowering sometimes) but i'm sure you can work that out. its a good start, keep it up.

Thanks for support, dude. As I'll have more spare time, I'll work on this WIP 'cause I like so much that theme and I wanna do something good :razz: