*NO* Super Mario Bros. 'Plumber's Sonata'

Liontamer

This is just a common tune. You know it of course. I did it all with Garage Band. Hope you like it

Title: Plumber's Sonata

Arranger: Chase P.

---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/smb1.zip - A few of 'em

You had some decent bass & perc embellishments and sound effects under the melody, but the melodic stuff was very uninterpretive. Nowhere near what makes it on an interpretation or personalized arrangement level. The textures here were also too sparse. Production-wise, things at least sounded clean, so that was good.

I chose to panel this, because you tried to add some extra touches to make this a little different from the original, and I wanted to let you know that you at least had some ideas, small as they were, on the right track. The countermelodic stuff behind the "Underground BGM" (1:43-1:57) was brief but good. The way you tried to vary up the sounds from section to section was in the right direction, but ultimately not thorough enough.

Listen to recent ReMixes vs. their source tunes, and you'll get more an understanding of what level of creativity and interpretation is necessary.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

Larry was on the spot here with regards to the arrangement, and his advice is exactly what you need to do; compare the kind of stuff being posted lately (NOT old remixes) vs. the original tunes and you will see that we expect a lot more individual interpretation and rearrangement than what you gave here. Try to make a mix that has an original intro, ending, bridges, and variations on the melody/harmony of the original.

I would also suggest trying to personalize the production a little more. Lots of looping and not much change in the texture of the mix. Messing with the lead synth and panning was cool - more of that! Generally speaking there were not enough parts, and what you did have was pretty repetitive.

NO