*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Wild Wild IceCap'

Liontamer

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Wild Wild IceCap OC ReMix (1:08, 128kbps CBR, 1.05MB)

* Contact Info

o Your ReMixer name: Liontamer

o Your real name: Larry Oji

o Your email address: Liontamer@ocremix.org

o Your website: http://oc.ormgas.com/links.php?18

o Your userid on our forums: 1211

* ReMix Info

o Name of game(s) ReMixed: Sonic the Hedgehog 3

o Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: "IceCap Zone (Act 2)"

o Additional information about game including composer, system, etc.: Composer - Michael Jackson, System - Sega Mega Drive, Year - 1994

o Your own comments about the mix: So, let's do IceCap real quick or something. I heard that people wanted it, so...

-------------------------------------------------------------

zircon set a pretty high standard for ReCapitated, so I figured I had no shot at making my OCR project debut for this project. But as a student of the game, I've picked up ReMixing pretty quickly. After all, I know what to judge for.

Here's my mix of the IceCap Zone. The source is here: http://project2612.org/download.php?id=61 - IceCap Zone 2

I tried to go for a wild, wild feel; icy and barren...yet spacious and hot. I created all of the synths myself with the FL slicer, then recorded tribal chanting as if I were in a large concert hall to simulate how the chanting would resonate within one's soul. If you can figure out the lyrics here, I'll give you $100, cash money legitz.

BTW, the ending is a cameo shoutout to my niggaz, featuring zyko's crew doing their thing arranging IceCap. You got just a taste. Wait for that mix to drop later this year!

Anyway, this is my final version, and I worked really hard on it. Didn't wanna nominate my own sub for DP, but djp will appreciate the feedback to use for the writeup.

-Larry

This is pretty groovin'. However I notice a comedy of errors that need pointing out.

First of all. You're using way too much reverb on the electric guitar at 0:21. That's a sweet lead, but it's drowning in the background as a result.

The saxophone was pretty cool, but you hit a wrong note around 0:52. It's not too noticeable, but could've been spruced up for the final render.

Loved the Brady Bunch homage at 0:34 btw, that was sweet.

Overall, I'll say this could've been a bit better. I feel the timpani solo went on for a bit too long, but that's just personal preference.

Nice work.

YES