Final Fantasy 7 - Cid Blasts Into Space

DJ_ReFluX

Greetings,

Well... I sent this mix here to OCRemix but it was rejected so I want everyone to give me their opinion about it ^^

http://rapidshare.com/files/26823353/Final_Fantasy_7_-_Cid_Blasts_Into_Space.mp3.html

I called it Final Fantasy 7 - Cid Blasts Into Space and I used Cid's Theme, Steal the Tiny Bronco with a little mix of the Main Theme

I hope you like it! And I'd like you to give your opinion ^^

Well, aside from the generic synth, the shitty orchestral hits, the nintendo-quality sound effects, sticking too close the source, the same repetitive drumloop, and the ridiculous clipping on the sound effects, it would have been a good submission.

There was no arrangement here... I could easily remake this in 10-15 minutes... All you did was take a MIDI for most of the melody, slightly change the rhythm in the bass, add some shitty sound effects, and throw one drum loop in throughout the whole thing.

This sounds very very much like something I tried to do a while back, but failed. Don't know if my tips are that helpful, but I'll give it a shot. This is meant as constructive critisism to help, not as judgement.

The synths are very anoying near the beginning. They have a bit of buzzy static in them that just nags at the ears, see if you can filter that out or get rid of it. The explosion sound from the game gets very repetitive after the first couple of times, and it seems you use it in every transition.

From the start to 1:50 or so it fairly repetitive, not really introducing anything new, or doing away with anything old. I liked the spacy wind-instrument synth you started using at 1:50, but then it was so painfully...short lived. I'm currently using all of my online hosting space for a submission which I hope will pass, but I don't know yet. Anyway, after it goes one way or the other, I'd like to pm you a link to what I did with this song, maybe we can start from scratch and do a collab on it.

We both seem to have some similar ideas.

I guess the main problem with this mix as is, more than anything else, is that it is soooo close to the original. For this to pass in ocr, you will have to add a piece of you to it, something not in the original, but of your own writing. And not just sound effects either.

I think the standard to go for is to try and make your mix at least 20% your own composition or changes.

Best of luck to you, please pm me if any of my comments are unclear, or if you'd be interested in collab.

Well, aside from the generic synth, the shitty orchestral hits, the nintendo-quality sound effects, sticking too close the source, the same repetitive drumloop, and the ridiculous clipping on the sound effects, it would have been a good submission.

There was no arrangement here... I could easily remake this in 10-15 minutes... All you did was take a MIDI for most of the melody, slightly change the rhythm in the bass, add some shitty sound effects, and throw one drum loop in throughout the whole thing.

Oo, oo can I do a remix called 'Cid Blasts into space from explosive hemroids'? :D

Aside from the mediocre synth quality, the biggest issue right now is similarity to the source. The majority of songs that get rejected on here are due to not enough deviance from the source material. You really need to reinterpret it more....just keep trying though. You could make this nice if you add your own passages and harmonies to it...just keep at it man : )