TV Out

Blake

Ok, my dell xps 1710 came with a S-video ->> component (RGB) convertor. I have successfully connected this adapter to my HDTV, but all i get is a faint blu-ish, rapidly flickering screen which makes using windows pretty much impossible. I can see stuff but it's just way too flickery. Are there some settings on my video card that I have to tweak? Answers would be very appreciated.

You shouldn't have to tweak anything on your video card. Make sure you have updated drivers and the like. But everything should be available using the video card software. Since your computer came with it, it seems as if they want you to be able to use it. So, my assumptions are with some faith in the companies ability to make a quality product. Then again, I rarely deal with laptop video cards. All I know is that it's fairly straight forward with any desktop ATi or Nvidia card. Anyway, it's not as easy as just plugging it in and assuming it will be projected on the other monitor. At the very least, there should be a monitor button on your laptop or keyboard that will direct the signal to the TV-out jack.