DS LITE- busted. please help

kupernikus

I have a Blue DS lite I purchased while in Asia. Unfortunately it stopped taking a charge, and can't be turned on at all. I can't go to nintendo cuz its not from the right market, and I'm not sure what to do. When I plug it into the wall (It uses the same power and everything there as it does here.) The orange light lights up for about a second, then turns off... not sure whats happening, any help woul dbe greatly appreciated.

Its not the battery I don't think, if you pull the battery you can play the DS without it if its plugged in. Its like it won't accept power. but I might try a new battery, maybe it'll help. I just really like the blue, lol, and I bought it when I lived in Hong Kong.

-Have you tried removing the battery (Only takes a small phillips screw to open the cover), plugging it in, and attempting to play it, as you said would work if the battery is the problem? If it works, battery is the problem

-Have you tried swapping in a friend's DS Lite's battery (fully charged)? If it works, then the fault is with the charging mechanism, as you suspect.

-Have you tried plugging in a friend's charger? If it works, the charger is bad (unlikely).

Once you've isolated the problem,we can go from there.

My *HUNCH* is that your battery is empty but is being read as if it is charged. When I plug in my Lite when it's fully charged, the light momentarily turns on then switches off as you described. A new battery is probably all you need, but check everything I described above to verify where the problem is.