Contact info:

- Primee133

- Chris

- primee133@hotmail.com

- http://primee133.deviantart.com/

ReMix info:

- The Legend of Zelda 2: Link's adventure

- Temple theme

I had just recieved Fruity Loops not too long ago, and I was ready to experiment. I started out with simple stuff, as in copying the notes from my video game music sheets to the computer, and this song kinda just... stuck.. I liked it, and had an idea.

See, I've been a fan of OCReMix.org for quite a while, and always wanted to constribute something to here, so I decided to make a ReMix of this song. took a while to make, even longer because of a little problem... you see, my program had a bug; I couldn't save projects *jubilations* So I started it out, after around 14 hours of work, it was time to go to bed, so I put the computer in sleep mode. I later got up for something to eat, and lo behold, SOMEONE had turned off the computer, erasing ALL my data!

Thank god I exported an early version and was able to regain most of it by ear, at the cost of absolutely no sleep that night, that is. So another 14 hours later, I got it finished. And just in time, the computer had been turned off AGAIN. Now here's where there's the second twist; I listen to some of the other remixes, which I should have done before starting this, and noticed something strange. I missed out an entire section of the song, which apparently wasn't written in my music sheet for some reason *More jubilations*

I really can't be arsed to redo it all again... so I'ma just gonna post it... maybe someday I'll finish it (Not likely though.) I think it turned out pretty well for my first try at a remix and at FL.

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/zelda2.zip - Track 8

Hmm. You've got an ethereal intro with pads (some light pops at :09, :12 & :14, possibly at a loop point for the pad), but then...some thin sounding guitar work. It clearly has some reverb on it to thicken it up, but it's not strong enough to carry the piece along with the pads. The textures were thin until :55 despite all the activity, IMO.

The sequencing was way too rigid, well evidenced by the transition from 1:05-1:12. Everything with the timing sounded stiff and robotic, especially the acoustic guitar sample handling the countermelody. Meanwhile, the textures were too simplistic and the the interpretation of the melody played it too straightforward. Get more creative there.

That one bass drum hit first brought in at :41 was used so excessively, it was going out of style. I also didn't like the sound disparity between the background (meant to sound washed), and the sequenced acoustic guitar (sounding way too clean), especially when exposed at various points during the chorus (1:27-1:36). Things should sound like they're in the same soundscape.

The sequenced electric guitar brought in around 2:10 was a good concept in terms of changing the dynamics. The execution was no good though. Afterward, the arrangement got more creative in some places, in terms of interpreting the theme as well as adding original sections. But the rigid sequencing and production from beforehand simply carried over.

The textures lacked meat, and the timing was too perfect and unrealistic. If you wanna get your music flowing better and sounding more cohesive, you're gonna have to invest more time in addressing those issues.

NO

• 2 months later...

I have to agree with Larry. The guitar at the beginning is really thin and fake. Try adding some effects to it and writing out more interesting rhythms to make it fit a little better. The synths are pretty good overall; very "new age" in style, airy and ethereal. However they could use some additional stereo width for the most part, which can be accomplished with delay or a 'stereo enhancer' plugin. The guitar that comes in around 2:07 (Slayer) is really fake and mechanical. Don't even really bother with this instrument unless you are an absolute master of sequencing electric guitar, because it's an overused and unrealistic sound to begin with. I see where you were going up to 2:25 - the buildup to a more climactic section. However, it doesn't really work because the drums and new bassline are very weak and provide little energy. If the rhythms were more bombastic, it would have been much more effective.

In general, you have some good ideas throughout the arrangement (like a lot of the original material and variation past 3:20), and you have a sense of dynamics which is good. What you need to work on most is your execution and implementation. Visit the ReMixing forum often to get help on specific elements of production, such as guitar/drum sequencing. Additionally, the last few minutes of the arrangement needs some filling out; more instrumental parts, more harmonies, more percussion, whatever it takes. You might also reconsider how you want to transition between the rather laid-back, new age style of the first 2:25 and the dramatic latter part of the song. As it is, the change is a bit abrupt.

Keep at it. :)

NO

in agreement with larry and andy.

goods ideas, poor execution. the guitar sounds really lackluster, both in sequencing and sample quality.

the latter half of the song starts to drag, so you could stand to either mix it up a little more, or take the song in a new direction.

this isn't a bad start. don't get discouraged, my first foray into fruityloops wasn't this successful.

NO