Stylus RMX

If you're looking to sequence your own drums, no. It's basically a highly complex drum LOOP player with tons of effects, auto-variation, a massive, high-quality library with built in fills/variations/layers, editing features, and so on and so forth. Sure, it has menus of oneshot sounds, but you won't find 50-layer kick samples or auto-alternating L/R snares in it.

I do believe it to be nearly an essential plugin though. I use it ALL the time.

Well...that's slightly disappointing. It does look like an excellent plugin, but I've been looking for some high quality one-shots to add to my collection. Are there any sample sets that offer even remotely close to the variety RMX does but without the emphasis on loops?

Stylus RMX is extremely comprehensive. It has dirty hip hop stuff, acoustic stuff, breakbeat, strictly electronic, ethnic, filmscore, and so on. It's a swiss army knife, and very few collections match that kind of the versatility. The closest thing I can think of would be Drums Overkill;

http://www.bigfishaudio.com/4DCGI/detail.html?1352