Sonic1: Marble Zone sketches (trance)

Seems pretty good as it is to me right now after an evening of listening to a buncha WIP haha.

It seems like you have it as a "song".

As a listener I think its really good now... you're on a great path and I cant wait for a final product!!

That background thing you got playing that "du-dun-dun" I think could be changed up a bit... make it sound like its raising and falling between bass and treble maybe? Flow it with the song I mean.

I'd wait until someone who knows how to make music can tell you different.

And whats going on in the final few seconds of the track after everythign seems to be over?

This is great! A Marble Zone remix... with ATB inspiration??? Pure awesomeness!!!

Well... I'm also just a listener, and I'll try to help somehow:

- You took too long to "get the melody flowing"... maybe a little shorter introduction

- I can't recall the song, but the 1:04-1:32 piece is almost straight from ATB, isn't it? :razz:

- If you have been using the Marble tune before 2:00, it was really subtle... I guess you should use the source more constantly, with different degrees

- Don't know exactly how, but the remix could get more "dance-like"... a more involving melody and such (you know what I mean ;-) )

For now, that's what I can say. If you want inspiration and also some great style examples, listen to 'let u go' and most of all 'hold you'... I LOVE this one! Their best song, IMO!

Keep it up! This mix can't go wrong! :-D

That background thing you got playing that "du-dun-dun" I think could be changed up a bit... make it sound like its raising and falling between bass and treble maybe? Flow it with the song I mean.

Thanks I will mix up the rhythm and throw in an octave or something to make it flow. I'm terrible at bass lines :(

This is great! A Marble Zone remix... with ATB inspiration??? Pure awesomeness!!!

Well... I'm also just a listener, and I'll try to help somehow:

- You took too long to "get the melody flowing"... maybe a little shorter introduction

- I can't recall the song, but the 1:04-1:32 piece is almost straight from ATB, isn't it? :razz:

yes the last time the riff plays verbatim from "Till I Come". Otherwise I borrowed the rhythm and played marble zone notes.

I really like this. Very classic ATB sound. :wink: I think you should slap a little delay on the bass and change up its rhythm some more because it does tend to get a little boring. Compress those drums to get them really pumping. Lead synths also sound a little too dry. Around three-quarters of the way through you should drop out the drums for a better change up and have a little ambient section. Finally, I say shorten the intro a little and give this a better ending. Good job!